JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 992
Other Visa/Entry Requirements for Foreign Nationals

Foreign Nationals on Board Privately-Owned Yachts or Sailboats

A temporary visitor’s visa is required for foreign nationals who are traveling to the Philippines on board privately-owned yachts and sailboats.  When applying the visa, the applicants will be required to provide the following particulars of the yacht/sailboat and its crew members:

  1. Crewlist;

  2. Nationality/Citizenship;

  3. Passport details of the crew;

  4. Vessel to be used for entry: type, name, registration, call sign, and other particulars;

  5. Estimated date of entry into the Philippine territory;

  6. Port/Area of entry (Philippine waters);

  7. Estimated period of stay in the Philippines;

  8. Character reference/shipping agent in the Philippines (if any); and

  9. Purpose of visit

Upon entry into the Philippines, the crew of the yacht and sailboats are required to register immediately with the nearest Coast Guard Station and submit the yacht/sailboats to Customs, Immigration and Quarantine inspections.

Foreign Newsmen, Journalists and Cinema/Television Groups

Foreign newsmen and journalists visiting the Philippines in pursuit of their profession are required to apply for a temporary visitor’s visa.  The following are additional requirements for visa application of foreign newsmen, journalist, cinema/television groups:

  1. Curriculum vitae of newsmen/journalists;

  2. Shortlist of work credits;

  3. Copy of one (1) sample article written by the applicant;

  4. Background of media organization, including target market/audience, circulation, format; and

  5. Administrative arrangements for the work in the Philippines, as follows:

    1. List of members of the reportorial team, nationality and passport details;

    2. Planned itinerary and activities, with storyline for any films to be made;

    3. List of equipment to be brought by each team member, with certification from the media organization that said equipment will be re-exported at the end of the trip to the Philippines;

    4. Flight details (arrival and departure); and

    5. For each team member, one (1) photograph, sixe 1”x1”, to be submitted to the International Press Center (IPC) for the issuance of accreditation card.

Upon arrival in the Philippines, the newsmen/journalists will have to report to the IPC for accreditation.

Foreign Nationals who wish to take up a short-term non-degree course

Foreign students who wish to take up a short-term non-degree course like language and computer courses must apply for a temporary visitor’s visa.  Upon arrival in the Philippines and acceptance by the school/institution authorized by the Bureau of Immigration to accept foreign students, he/she should apply for a Special Study Permit at the Bureau’s Student Desk, together with the following documents:

  1. Letter request;

  2. Certificate of Acceptance from the school accredited by the Bureau of Immigration to accept foreign students;

  3. Photocopy of passport reflecting the applicant’s authorized period of stay;

  4. Affidavit of Support and Proof of Financial Capacity; and

  5. Birth Certificate.