NEWS / PRESS RELEASES
PHILIPPINE AMBASSADOR DISCUSS FRIENDSHIP COOPERATION WITH EILAT MAYOR
17 October 2021 – Philippine Ambassador to the State of Israel Macairog Alberto met with Eilat Municipality Mayor Eli Lankri on 12 October to discuss the possibility of a partnership between Eilat and the City of Baguio.
“Baguio and Eilat are the vacation capitals, respectively, of the Philippines and Israel,” Ambassador Alberto pointed out. “There is a clear possibility for cooperating in tourism, which is the main economic driver for both cities. However, there are many other areas where both cities may be interested in cooperating: business and investment development, cultural immersion, agriculture, science and innovation.”
Mayor Lankri warmly welcomed the possibility, saying that one of the areas Eilat is keen to partner with Baguio in is education and skills development, particularly in the area of hospitality and hotel management. As Israel prepares to open its doors to foreign tourists this November and in hosting the 2021 Miss Universe pageant, Mayor Lankri said, “Eilat is very keen to work with the Philippines on coming up with an On-the-Job Training Program for students of tourism and hotel and restaurant management.”
As part of the meeting, Ambassador Alberto personally handed over a letter from Baguio Mayor Benjamin Magalong to Mayor Lankri, in which Mayor Magalong expressed his keen interest in forging a friendship cooperation agreement between Baguio and Eilat. The Embassy will continue to work with both cities to come up with activities and programs that facilitate cooperation. -END-
Ambassador Macairog Alberto and Eilat Mayor Eli Lankri viewing the official promotional video of Baguio City during his visit to Eilat.
Ambassador Macairog Alberto (center) and Mayor Eli Lankri (fourth from left) are joined by officials from the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv and Eilat Municipality.
Thursday, 06 February 2020
- Wednesday, 05 February 2020 TWIN EVENTS IN NEW YORK, TEL-AVIV REMEMBER PRESIDENT QUEZON’S OPEN DOOR POLICY THAT SAVED 1,300 EUROPEAN JEWS FLEEING THE HOLOCAUST
- Sunday, 26 January 2020 EMBASSY IN TEL AVIV HIGHLIGHTS PHILIPPINES - ISRAEL AGRICULTURAL COOPERATION IN AGRO-IP DAY
- Thursday, 23 January 2020 Embassy’s Filipino Language And Culture Program Now on its 3rd Year in Empowering Pinoy Kids in Israel
- Thursday, 02 January 2020 PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN ISRAEL CONDUCTS BRIEFING FOR MODEL UN STUDENTS AND WITNESSES HANUKKAH AT THE BALAI QUEZON
Thursday, 06 May 2021
- Tuesday, 17 March 2020 CFO 2020 Presidential Awards for Overseas Filipinos
- Tuesday, 17 December 2019 Philippine Statement during the 25th Session of the Conference of Parties (COP25) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Tuesday, 08 October 2019 Invitation for Israeli PR Companies/ Tourism Destination Marketing Companies to Promote Philippine Tourism
- Monday, 02 September 2019 Manila Fame (17-19 Oct 2019)